Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No more OFR

Although OFR has commented at least 8 nights out of these past 31 about not wanting to participate in the Thankful Project, she has drudgingly done it.  However, last night OFE said he didn't really know what he could be thankful for for a whole year so he was thinking that he didn't want to participate.  Very strange, considering he's never had a problem finding something to be thankful for AND it sounded an awful lot like OFR.

When I spoke with them this evening, they told me that they were not going to continue to participate.  After speaking with both, and confirming their decision, OFE came back on the phone and told me he would continue.  OFR does not see this as being fun and doesn't really feel she has anything to be thankful for so she will NOT be participating in the project in 2009.

My heart aches that someone (especially someone that I am closely related to) would see their life in such dreary terms as to not have one single thing to be thankful for in a day.  My prayer is that she will not drag OFE into her deprived emotional existence.  I will also being praying (and I hope that anyone reading this will also) that God will somehow soften her heart and open it to see all the glorious gifts she has been given.

Thankfully,
ThereO

No comments: